Thursday, October 7, 2021

 

I am a citizen, a taxpayer and a voter. I am endowed with the right to choose and freedom of expression by God and the Constitution. I will decide as wisely as I can. I will not criticize others who do the same but only those who sell or buy votes. I will not argue for my or against anyone’s choice that there may be goodwill among us all. The candidate is fair game, open to any scrutiny of his or her potential to lead. Be that as it may, I will respect his or her dignity and put him or her to task only on matters relevant to public service. I will not belittle him or her for physical condition, mental ability, educational degree or financial status. I will judge him or her solely on my perception of his or her track record, platform, evidence of sincerity, manifest character and ability to inspire others. Then I will keep such judgment to myself. Let my conscience grant me peace when I have thus decided.

So help me God.


No comments:

Post a Comment